- For each event, each minor participating must complete a Child Comprehensive Medical Release Form. For Diocesan sponsored events (i.e. Adventure Camp, Immersion Retreat, etc) a copy must be sent to the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
- All adults are required to complete a new Adult Comprehensive Medical Release Form and Adult Hold Harmless/Indemnity Agreement Field Trip Waiver. For Diocesan sponsored events a copy must be sent to the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
- The parish group leader (i.e. youth minister, DRE, etc) will need to carry with them the Child Comprehensive Medical Release Form and Adult Comprehensive Release Form to every event that is off Church grounds.
- These forms are to be kept on file at the parish as well as in the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry indefinitely.
- There must be a minimum ratio of 1 chaperone to 7 minors.
- There must also be a chaperone representation for each gender. For example, if there are 7 minors
- attending an event, 3 of them are female and 4 of them are male, then there must be at least 1 female and 1 male chaperone present.
- Chaperones must be at least 21 years of age.
- It is permissible to have “assistant chaperones” that are between the ages of 18-20, as long as they are in a group and assisting an adult (age 21 or over) chaperone.
- All chaperones must complete and pass a background check and Safe Environment Training. The Safe Environment Verification Forms are to be kept on file at the parish.
Swimwear Dress Code Policy
Males: Swim trunks that reach at least mid-thigh.
Females: One-piece swimsuit
Personal Check Policy
The Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry is no longer accepting personal checks. This policy is in place at the request of our Finance Department. If you or your child(ren) are attending any event that requires payment, please give any fees to your parish and have them send ONE check to our office. Make sure that you submit your fees to your parish office well enough in advance to allow them to get the check to our office by the due date. Any questions, please contact the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.