Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Bring lots of snacks and water!!!
Load bus at destinations at about 4:00pm
- We encourage all groups to have Mass before departing for Washington, DC.
- Please eat before getting on the bus, or bring a sack dinner to eat on the bus.
- The bus will stop at about every 4 hours to do a driver change.
Thursday, January 18, 2018
- 8:30 am - Breakfast in Breezewood, PA
- 10:00 am - Depart Breezewood, PA
- 12:45 pm - Arrive at Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
*You can eat lunch here if you wish.
- 2:00 pm - Depart Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- 2:15 pm - Arrive at Saint John Paul II National Shrine
- 3:30 pm - Mass at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine
- 5:00 pm- Depart Saint John Paul II National Shrine
- 5:30 pm - Dinner at the Pentagon City Mall Food Court
- 7:00 pm Check in to Hotel
Our Hotel is: Sheraton National Hotel
900 South Orme Street Arlington,
VA 22204 / 703-521-1900
- 11:00 pm - Everyone in your assigned room and lights out please!
Friday, January 19, 2018
- 5:15 am - Eat breakfast – Breakfast Sandwiches and fruit will be available for pilgrims to eat. *This is included in the cost.
- 6:00 am - Depart Hotel for Youth Rally and Mass for Life
- 11:30 am - Eat lunch at the Air & Space Museum or at a restaurant on the way to the National Mall before the March.
- 1:30 pm - March for Life to Capital
*After the March, walk to Congressman Sean Duffy’s Office for reception.
*After the reception you will have dinner on your own with your tour group, then make your way back to the Pentagon City Mall where there will be shuttles to bring you back to the hotel.
- 7:30 pm - Come hear Pro-Life speakers in the conference room at our hotel.
- 9:00 pm - Free Time in our Conference Room or your hotel room
- 11:00 pm - Everyone in your assigned room and lights out please!
Saturday, January 20, 2018
- 8:00 am - Eat breakfast – Breakfast Sandwiches and fruit will be available for pilgrims to eat.
*This is included in the cost.
*Load all luggage onto buses.
- 9:00 am - Buses drive groups to Planned Parenthood site to pray.
- Buses drive groups to pray at Planned Parenthood The Carol Whitehill Moses Center 1225 4th St. NE, Washington, DC 20002
- 10:00 am - Everyone will go to the National Mall where touring groups will gather to tour Museums.
- Lunch will be on your own as tour groups.
- Depending on how much travelling around the city you do via metro, it may be wise to have each person in your group buy an all-day pass to speed up your travel time and be more cost effective.
- Most museums hours of operation are 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
- 5:00 pm - Meet at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception for Mass in the Upper Church.
- 5:15 pm - Mass in the Upper Church.
- 6:45 pm - Load buses to travel to Union Station for supper.
- 8:00 pm - Load Buses at Union Station to begin the journey home.
- 12:00 am - Bathroom Stop then Lights out! Time for sleep!
Sunday, January 21, 2018
Arrive back at original pick up points early afternoon.
Upon arrival at your point of origin we invite you to organize a Thanksgiving Holy Mass. Please see arrival times on the “Diocese of La Crosse Bus Itinerary” Sheet when it becomes available.
Thank you for being witnesses to Life!
Times and events may be subject to change.
2017 Photo Gallery
Highlights from the 2018 March for Life:
In January, 193 pilgrims representing the Diocese of La Crosse attended the 44th Annual March for Life in Washington D.C. There were many things to remember this year, one being the first time a sitting president of the United States addressed the group. Chris Rogers, director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry, led the pilgrimage and […]
In January, we pray with special urgency for the end of the culture of death. We beseech God for the rediscovery within our nation of the great value of life and a renewal of family values. With this in mind, I want to offer a vision of hope that is emerging in a place of […]
A heartbeat away
Stephanie LaRose, First Choice executive assistant, points out the baby’s heartbeat on the sonogram produced by the machine. The details these new machines provide give the pregnant mothers a clear look at their baby. Knights of Columbus support pro-life pregnancy centers in the Wisconsin Rapids and Stevens Point area by donating ultrasound machines Tanya was […]
“Should abortion be legalized in cases of … ?”
No. Even though I know that in the majority of the time a violent act is put in the place of the “…”, the answer will still be “no.” That sounds a little harsh, doesn’t it? My mental “no,” however, comes out as a verbal answer that I tailor to my specific situation and for […]
We are called to be pilgrims for life
Over the past 10 years, more than 2,000 pilgrims from the Diocese of La Crosse have participated in the March for Life in Washington, D.C., bearing witness to the sanctity of human life. Organized by the Office for Youth and Young Adults, the pilgrimage is mostly made up of young people who, each year around […]
Chicago March for Life
January 14th, 2018
La Crosse Life League is offering five $30 "scholarships" for the bus ride to Chicago. Here is a short blurb giving more details:
Come March For Life in Chicago with Pro-Life Wisconsin, Jan. 14, 2018. Round trip bus ride $30 per person or $85 a family. Register/pay online: www.prolifewi.org/get-involved/events/
Deadline Dec 12 or at capacity. Call 262-796-1111 ext 14 with questions. Show your Love for Life in 2018!
Who: Ages 13 and Up
Forms: You may either print and fill these forms out by hand or save these forms to your computer, fill them out on your computer, and print or email them to your group leader.
When: January 17-21, 2018
Where: Washington, DC
The "Early Bird Price" is $355 per person/$315 for chaperones (A chaperone is someone 21 years or older, and responsible for minors.) This price will be valid for each person in your group whose forms and information: including medical release form, current background check dates (age 18 and out of high school & older only), current Safe Environment Training dates (age 18 and out of high school & older only), and full payment are ALL in our office by the January 3, 2018 deadline. A person is not considered to be registered until ALL of these items are in our office.
Therefore, if you have people who register late, delay in turning their paperwork, money, etc. for whatever reason, only those late registrations will forfeit the "Early Bird" price. The "Regular Price" is $375 per person/$335 for chaperones (A chaperone is someone 21 years or older, and responsible for minors.) This price will be valid for each person in your group whose forms and information: including medical release form, current background check dates (age 18 and out of high school & older only), current Safe Environment Training dates (age 18 and out of high school & older only), and full payment are NOT ALL in our office by the January 3, 2018 deadline. A person is not considered to be registered until all of these items are in our office.
- These prices include the red Dioceses of Wisconsin Sweatshirt. If you do not need a sweatshirt, please subtract $25 from your total price.
- There will be no refunds given after January 3, 2018.
- The cost includes 5-day trip by motor coach, 2 nights at Hotel, & more!
- *Priests and Religious go for free!
- Please make checks payable to: Diocese of La Crosse.
Chris Rogers - Youth & Young Adult Ministry - 608-791-2659 | email@example.com