Assistant to Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Part-Time Ministry Position: 20-25 hours per week
Assist the Tri-Parish Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries. Primary role includes planning, implementing, and facilitating Tri-Parish catechesis for those in grades five and under at all Tri-Parish locations – Sacred Heart, Mondovi, St. Mary’s and Holy Rosary, Durand. Provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages students in their faith development.
- Facilitate Wednesday afterschool (Durand) and Sunday morning (Mondovi) catechesis programs.
- Plan and implement Sacramental formation for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
- Implement the Liturgy of the Word for Children for weekend Masses in all three parishes.
- Plan and implement summer Vacation Bible School.
- Participate in recruiting catechists and volunteers, and finding substitute catechists when necessary.
- Assist catechists – including attendance reporting, providing materials, copies and supplies, etc.
- Report all problems and concerns to the Director.
- Maintain communication with Director to evaluate all aspects of programming.
- Participate in all in-services and continuing education in the Tri-Parish and Diocese.
- Foster relationships with Tri-Parish families and communities.
- Help the Director wherever needed.
- Must be a Catholic in good standing who is excited to share his/her faith with the Tri-Parish communities and inspire others to do the same.
- Ability to work as a team member with catechists, parents, children and church staff.
- Self motivated, independent worker with strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable familiarity with such computer programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- Post-high school experience in catechesis or youth ministry preferred but not required.
Opportunities for training available.
Vehicle Requirement: This employee must provide his/her own vehicle to travel between the three parishes, and occasionally to the Diocesan offices for meeting/trainings.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Tri-Parish Central Office
ATTN: Susan Wolf
P.O. Box 188
Durand, WI 54736
OR via email at [email protected] with subject line, Assistant to Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries Position.