The role of the RCS Campus Minister, in collaboration with the Chaplain, is to build up and enliven the entire faith community of the Regis Middle and High Schools. The Campus Minister is a team-builder who helps unify the school community around the Catholic Church’s Vision and Mission. The Campus Minister mentors and guides students and the broader faith community to grow and actively participate in a life of faith.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a salaried, part-time (0.5 FTE) year-round position with an established school year schedule and a reduced, variable schedule during the summer months when school is not in session.
Please note: Regis Catholic Schools also has 2 religion teacher openings for the upcoming school year, 6th grade (0.5 FTE) and 9th grade (0.5 FTE). Any combination of these positions may be combined for consideration for a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
· College Degree or advanced certification in theology, catechetical ministry, youth ministry or related field
· Has an approachable, enthusiastic, and evangelizing attitude
· Possesses highly developed skills and aptitudes in communication, collaborative ministry, and public speaking
· Lives in full communion with the Catholic Church
· Experience with working with programming for youth
o Be committed to an active daily prayer life both personally and within a parish community
o A deep desire to inspire others to know, live and share the Catholic Faith
o Commit and witness to the Catholic Church by living in conformity with Gospel values and by regularly participating in the Sacrament of Reconciliation and Holy Mass on Sundays, Holy Days, and at weekly School Masses as well as other forms of communal prayer
o Participates in at least one personal retreat each year
o A commitment to ongoing formation and training in the ministerial field
o Attends yearly diocesan catechetical conference.
o Attends yearly diocesan educator regionals
o Completes and remains current with diocesan Safe Environment training and with all other guidelines and policies of the Diocese of La Crosse
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Regis Campus Minister is responsible for the administration of the specific areas as outlined below.
· Be a regular and visible presence in the school, build relationships, evangelize and mentor both students and the broader faith community.
· Work with the Chaplain and building Principal to set a weekly work schedule and regular office hours.
· Communicate regularly, and in a timely manner, with the Chaplain, building Principal, school faculty and staff, parents, and students.
· Consult regularly with Chaplain and building Principal.
· Coordinate school liturgies, prayer services and sacramental celebrations. Includes, but not limited to, weekly all school Mass, penance services, advent celebrations, May Crowning, Stations of the Cross, and school rosary
· Assist the Chaplain in preparing the auditorium for Mass and all liturgical functions. Including logistics of seating, worship aides, set up, clean-up and care of all prayer spaces and liturgical objects used in the building, including the chapel, the sacristy, and the ordering of adequate liturgical supplies.
· Recruit and train student campus ministry leadership team, student and faculty Eucharistic ministers, music ministers, lectors, servers, and sacristans.
· Plan, Lead and Execute yearly class retreats for grades 6-12. Including the design and oversight of a four-year high school student retreat program, using hired retreat teams that provide meaningful and engaging opportunities for students to better understand their connection to Jesus Christ, one another, and the Catholic Faith.
· Design and oversee opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and parents to interweave religious and spiritual practices, especially prayer, into the life of the school.
· Keep the Campus Ministry office clean, tidy, and inviting to students.
· Teach classes during the school day as necessary or requested within the Theology Department.
· Have active leadership in Catholic Schools Week activities.
· Oversee, in conjunction with the Chaplain, the campus ministry budget.
· Participate as an active member of the following groups: Catholic Identity Committee, Theology Department, Faith Council, Pro-Life Club, Campus Ministry and other parish groups as deemed appropriate.
· Consult with the Diocese of La Crosse to ensure the program is meeting expectations and utilizing best practices.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with each of the deanery Parish Priests and DRE’s.
· Be the liaison between the Regis campus and each parish within the deanery. Including the communication of all the religious education and faith formation programs and other parish events.
· Participates, as deemed appropriate, in regular Eau Claire Deanery gatherings
· Promotes and facilitates a mentality among Regis students that the ‘life blood’ of their faith is found in the parish and not just at school.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of campus ministry and the entire Regis’ faith community.
Interested candidates can apply online through WECAN or by sending a cover letter, resume, transcripts/license and 3 – 5 letters of recommendation to [email protected] or to:
Regis Catholic Schools
Attn: Jen Eager
2728 Mall Drive, Suite 200
Eau Claire, WI 54701