St Peter Catholic Church, Milwaukee Archdiocese, Slinger, WI. is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated youth minister who has a heart for Jesus. This individual should have a desire to share Christ’s Heart with our youth; leading them into an intentional relationship with the Lord, that empowers young people to live as disciples of Jesus through active participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic Faith Community.
We have a dynamic and engaging Youth program with great community support. Our current Youth Minister is moving into the Director of Formation position, as such, will be on-hand to support and mentor you as you build relationships with families and in the community. This full time position requires flexible working hours; including evenings and weekends.
- Lives in full sacramental union with the Catholic Church.
- Has relevant catechist certification and/or educational training in the areas of Theology or Religious Education.
- Understands and is faithful to Church documents relating to catechesis.
- Proficient knowledge of Sacred Scripture, Catholic theology & teaching methods.
- Leadership Experience; guiding a team toward a common goal or vision.
- Excellent aptitude in interpersonal communication, collaborative ministry, and public speaking.
- Self-motivated & professional working manner; organized and friendly.
- Possess necessary office / computer skills needed to perform the job efficiently.
Primary Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Coordinate a youth group style catechetical program for Middle School and High School grade levels
- Facilitate the Youth Leadership Team, which is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive youth ministry program
- Serve on the Cluster Formation Committee, which is an oversight group providing vision, direction, support, and advocacy for the parish ministry with Children, Youth & Adults
- Direct, train and encourage catechists and other volunteers.
- Coordinate the Confirmation Sacramental Preparation Program
- Work with the parishes’ Safeguarding Coordinator to ensure full compliance.
- Coordinate retreat programs, youth trips & service project as appropriate.
- Promote programs, policies, and events.
- Foster the involvement of young people in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities
- Coordinate the outreach to and evangelization of all young people in the parish
- Provide appropriate services and programs for parents of adolescents
Interested Applicants Send Resume to:
St. Peter Catholic Church,
Attn: Eileen Belongea
208 E. Washington, St. Slinger, WI 53086
OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org