Job Opening–Director of Religious Education
Combined Religious Education Program for St. Joseph & St. Stephen Parishes, Stevens Point, WI
Start date: July 1, 2021
The Director of Religious Education (DRE), 40 hour per week, full time salaried position is responsible to discern and provide the formational and catechetical needs of the students with the assistance of both St. Joseph and St. Stephen Parishes. The primary responsibility of the DRE is to work with children Grades 1-12. The director plans, develops, and implements programs, curriculum, and policies which foster the spiritual development of children. The DRE coordinates, directs, facilitates, and participates in age-appropriate programs for the children. The DRE recruits, supervises, trains, mentors, and guides catechists and volunteer program leaders involved in children’s programs. The DRE is accountable to the Pastor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position are defined by the Pastor and Committees as appropriate to the tasks of this ministry:
- Coordinates catechetical programs for Grades 1-12 (Currently Wednesday nights and certain Sunday evenings)
- Plans and coordinates sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation which also contains the RCIC program.
- Assists the pastor with the Baptismal Preparation Program
- Organizes Vacation Bible School and other events in collaboration with local parishes
- Follows the directives/policies of the Diocese of La Crosse, especially the Diocesan Safe Environment for Children Policy, and works with Safe Environment Coordinator to ensure compliance with programs.
- Develops a budget for programs and submits to the Pastor and works with both parish finance councils
- Oversees volunteers within children’s ministry programs
- Purchases supplies and textbooks for programs
- Works collaboratively with parish staff and Pastor
- Serves on the Joint Education Committee
- Faith-filled individual who has a strong inclination to work with children and young adults
- Bachelors in Catholic Studies, Theology, Education, or related field preferred, but not required
- Has or will achieve Advanced Religious Certification as defined by the Diocese of La Crosse
- Pursues continuing professional and spiritual development
- Lives in full sacramental communion with the Catholic Church and maintains personal lifestyle that is consistent with the needs and values promoted by this position and the Catholic Church
- Provides presence within the parish family, ideally registering as parish member
- Competency in MS Office Suite, basic web designs, and social media
- Full time position, hours are determined by programs; include some weekends and a weekday evening CCD program
- Office hours are scheduled in coordination with the Pastor and program requirements
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Background check and fingerprints required
- Standard and optional benefits packages
- Office space and responsibilities shared by staff members
- Position receives an annual evaluation
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed to facilitate programs and ministry
For more information, contact Fr. Jeffrey Hennes at St. Joseph’s Parish, 715-341-1617 ext. 103.
Submit résumé and cover letter to [email protected].