The Director of Religious Education works directly with the Pastor and the Religious Education Committee to identify, develop, implement and evaluate curriculum emphasizing faith development and formation of children ages Pre-school through Confirmation (11th Grade) within the Parish community. Designs programs with outreach, advertising and personal invitation to promote and encourage participation at all grade levels Parish Church community.
- Plan, develop, execute and evaluate curriculum, emphasizing faith development and formation of children ages Pre-school through Confirmation (11th Grade).
- Identify, train and coach Catechists and Volunteers, as needed.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word (Sundays October through May)
- First Reconciliation process; and, First Communion and Confirmation Masses.
- Sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.
- Manage all aspects of programs i.e., supplies, budgets, schedules, use of buildings/facilities.
- Promote and encourage participation in the programs with outreach, advertising and personal invitation.
- Regularly communicate with parents i.e., bulletin columns, newsletters, emails & bulletin announcements.
- Seek service involvement & faith formation opportunities for children throughout the year i.e., Missions, Camp, Bible School, volunteerism, etc. Resource programs/projects with Coordinator of Parish Life Ministries.
- Meeting attendance: weekly Parish Office staff; Religious Education Committee, as needed; and, Pastoral Council, as requested.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An applicant in full communion with the Catholic Church, its teachings, and supports the mission of the Church to spread the faith through study, prayer and service.
- Degree in Education or equivalent work experience in classroom environment. Certification in Youth Ministry preferred.
- Ability to use computer programs (Sign-up Genius, Purpose Curriculum, Excel, Word, Publisher).
- Strong human relations skills; attention to details and accuracy, self-motivated, flexible, demonstrate initiative, and works with minimal supervision.
Email your letter of interest, resume and references to: Fr.Mano@menomoniecatholic.org
For inquiries call 715-232-4922 or email Fr.Mano@menomoniecatholic.org