Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
(Full-time, Salaried, Benefitted)
This position is a combination of Youth Ministry and Director of Religious Education that will serve the Tri-Parish (Holy Rosary, St. Mary’s, and Sacred Heart) to lead, organize, and administer a total catechetical and youth ministry program. The programs will assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for spirituality, Christian living, and ministry, as well as providing youth and adult outreach for the combined membership of the Tri-Parishes. The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (DYYAM) will have a passion for sharing the gospel, the Roman Catholic faith and helping the parish community to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and His Church. This is a full-time, salaried, benefitted position.
- Lead catechetical and youth programs for the three parishes which support lifelong practice of the faith.
- Articulate a vision for Religious Education and Youth Ministry
- Maintain or further develop existing programs to meet the needs of the parishes.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate catechists and youth ministry volunteers.
- Secure materials needed for programs in accordance with Diocesan recommendations.
- Meet with Business Manager to prepare and monitor budgets for programs; includes BEET Grant applications, check requests, purchase orders, and deposits.
- Organize and oversee fundraisers.
- Engage the hearts of our youth through experiences such as regular youth group meetings, youth rallies, youth Masses, mission trips, retreats, social events, and conferences.
- Provide curriculum, training, and administrative support to the Elementary Assistant especially in the areas of Sacramental prep and VBS.
- Provide curriculum and facilitate the following:
- Confirmation Preparation
- Middle School and High School Religious Ed. Classes
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) and RCIC (Rite of Christian Initiation of Children)
- Further develop young adult and adult ministries
- Special Events
- Implement and monitor the Diocesan Safe Environment Program for the RE/YM programs.
- Attend parish staff meetings, Youth Ministry/Religious Ed. Committee meetings, and provide reports to the Pastoral Council (or attend meetings as requested).
- Pursue continued professional and spiritual growth, and knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- The Director must be living in full sacramental communion with the Catholic Church, excited to share his/her faith, and inspire others to do the same.
- A Bachelor’s degree in theology, youth ministry, catechetics, or a related field is preferred but not required. Experience in youth ministry and religious education is preferred.
- Must have a passion for working with youth, and the ability to work as a team member with catechists, parents, children and church staff.
- Self-motivated, independent worker with strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including comfort with public speaking, and familiarity with such computer programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, etc.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Acquire and maintain required Diocesan certifications and working knowledge of Diocesan policies and guidelines.
- The ability to lead music during liturgies and praise and worship is desired but not required.
Work Area: Parish locations, and occasional travel for meetings, events, trainings, and youth ministry trips.
Working Conditions: An office will be provided, along with appropriate accessories and equipment.
Vehicle Requirement: This employee must provide his/her own vehicle to travel between the three parishes, and occasionally to the Diocesan offices for meeting/trainings. Mileage will be reimbursed at the current IRS rate for travel to Diocesan meetings/training.
Physical Demands: This position does require working some nights and weekends, traveling with youth to special events, and can be physically demanding. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Tri-Parish Central Office, PO Box 188, Durand, WI 54736 ATTN: Susan Wolf, or via email at [email protected] with subject line, Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries Position.