The Event Coordinator is primarily responsible for organizing and coordinating Steubenville Rochester. The coordinator ensures that the hospitality, planning, logistics, marketing and other support systems are in place for the execution of the above mentioned events. The Event Coordinator manages the Core Team and volunteers to deliver the Steubenville Rochester event with excellence.
MANAGEMENT & ENGAGEMENT
- Secure Core Team to serve in various areas of the conference.
- Facilitate regular Core Team meetings.
- Ensure that all safe environment policies are being followed. See USCCB’s charter for the Protection of Children and Young people. Keep accurate records regarding background checks, pastoral code of conduct, and cleared clergy.
- Ensure Core Team and volunteers receive and understand his/her job description.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to register, clear, train and assign volunteers.
- Work closely with Executive Director (ED) regarding volunteer compliance.
- Communicate with Core Team concerning the volunteers for their area.
- Oversee implementation of Core Team and volunteer schedules.
- Communicate expectations clearly and positively with Core Team, vendors, partners, and volunteers
- Develop and implement reporting tool that assists with keeping Core Team on track.
- Respond to general inquiries
- Work as a resource person to the Core Team.
- Financial management – work with ED to execute event within budget restraints
- Attend monthly staff meetings – via Zoom, conference call, or in person.
- Secure needed space, transportation, and other needs for Francian LEAD
- Collaborate with Franciscan University, Christian Outreach Office regarding conference details.
- Assist group leaders with registration questions.
- Collaborate with the Office & Outreach Support Specialist, Events Manager, and Bookkeeper to ensure accurate and timely registrations and payments are up to date
- Complete clergy clearing with the Diocese of Winona-Rochester.
- General correspondence: Assist with and evaluate correspondence tools provided to PFY constituents. The correspondence is including but not limited to, promotional materials, payment requests, event details, and general encouragement.
- Research, select and promote Share the Glory organization and program.
MARKETING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Work with Partnership for Youth to write news releases, bulletin announcements, and articles for Diocesan, local, state, and national news.
- Send press releases to local newspaper and television stations.
- Contact local businesses to solicit support via advertising and donations
- Seek out marketing/networking opportunities to pursue
- Outbound Calls – past participants, vendor relations, marketing calls, etc. as needed.
- The Event Coordinator will be directed by the ED for additional tasks to support the overall ministry of PFY
This is not an all-inclusive list; additional duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as directed by the Executive Director.
TRAVEL: The Event Coordinator will have limited travel requirements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired, but not required)
- 3+ years experience in event planning and execution of special events (required)
Spiritual Gifts & Skill Set
- Must have a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A strong composition of many or all of the following spiritual gifts: administration, hospitality, and service
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with little supervision
- Must be able to follow policies and procedures but possess the ability to use discretion when non-routine situations arise
- Must be able to handle conflict in a Christian manner
- Must be a good problem solver and an intuitive thinker. Needs to take initiative to anticipate potential problem issues
- Comfortable giving direction to volunteers and vendors
- Ability to initiate, plan and manage projects and meetings
- Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
- Ability to focus on details, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Internet, Microsoft Office and other computer based technologies
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk, reflecting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23)
- Must be a good role model
Partnership for Youth is a non-profit organization dedicated to the coordination and delivery of programs and events for Catholic Youth. We specialize in large dynamic youth events, bringing together teens from ten states and Canada. Our Mission is: “To Provide Transformational Catholic Events for Young People” Our office is located in Bloomington, Minnesota. We offer a collaborative and engaged work environment, where you become part of the large Partnership for Youth family.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, by February 10, 2022 to Amy Cummings, Executive Director, via e-mail. Please address them to [email protected], using your name as the name of your file (i.e., lastnamecover.doc; lastnameresume.doc), and including Event Coordinator Rochester in the subject line.