The Thorp Catholic School Community is looking for a dedicated, dynamic First Grade Teacher.
- First and foremost, facilitate a nurturing Christian family atmosphere in the classroom and within the school.
- Work collaboratively as a team player, maintaining respect and confidentiality in all interactions with students, parents, teachers and administration.
- Create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations and provides opportunities for all students to experience success.
- Assess students’ academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods, use this assessment data to refine and improve the curriculum.
- Build positive, professional relationships with students, families and colleagues. Follow the proper channels of communications when communicating with the public.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with the public including discretionary use of social media.
- Engage in all professional development opportunities.
- Report directly to the principal.
The candidate must be licensed by the State of Wisconsin or be willing and qualified to earn a Wisconsin Teaching License. Applicants would preferably be a practicing Catholic, driven by the Holy Spirit and motivated to achieve great things in a rural setting.
Thorp Catholic School is part of the Diocese of La Crosse. The town of Thorp is located approximately 43 miles northeast of Eau Claire, WI and 60 miles west of Wausau, WI.
Please send resume, three letters of recommendation, copy of current teaching license and copy of transcripts to Stacy Syryczuk, Assistant Principal, Thorp Catholic School.
St. Bernard-St. Hedwig Parish
C/O Stacy Syryczuk
109 N. Church Street
- O. Box 329
Thorp, WI 54771