This position requires a dynamic, student-centered professional interested in working with motivated students in a Catholic school environment. Newman teachers are dedicated to upholding the Catholic faith, fostering student achievement, serving as a model of compassion and respect for all. Desire to be a team player; ability to work positively with administrators, teachers, students, parents, and all members of the community. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong technology skills are required. Experience with integration of Smartboard, Google Apps and other technologies with instruction is desired.
DIOCESE OF LA CROSSE
I. Religious Atmosphere
A. Provide a good Christian model and example in one’s attitudes and actions.
B. Encourage spiritual growth in students by developing inner discipline, character, morals and values.
C. Provide leadership in living and celebrating life and liturgies.
II. Teaching Responsibilities
A. Prepare daily lesson plans in all required subjects.
B. Prepare instructional activities allowing for individual differences among the students assigned.
1. Use small group and individualized instruction as a mode of instruction.
2. Provide opportunities for the enhancement of the students’ self-concepts.
3. Assist individuals to resolve learning difficulties.
C. Develop evaluation techniques that are appropriate to class and individual objectives.
1. Prepare adequately for parent conferences.
2. Keep reliable set of records in order for review by administrator, department chair and parents.
3. Call for case conferences with resource personnel whenever consultation with the administrator determines need.
D. Encourage integrated instruction whenever possible.
1. Plan experiences which include various disciplines.
2. Incorporate the humanities and fine arts.
3. Provide opportunities for critical thinking, problem-solving and the development of study skills.
E. Provide a secure and comfortable learning environment.
1. Maintain a neat classroom.
2. Encourage a love of learning.
3. Prepare attractive bulletin boards and display students’ work.
F. Take responsibility for the care of instructional materials and equipment.
III. Supervising Responsibilities
A. Responsible to supervise students in accordance with the building regulations established.
1. Provide supervision in the areas to which his/her students are assigned.
2. Encourage students to conduct themselves in the manner and mode of conduct which has been defined as acceptable by the administrator and staff.
3. Accept and perform supervisory duties as assigned.
4. Supervise and discipline regardless of grade level.
B. Share in responsibility for safety and health of each child.
A. Responsible to carry his/her share of professional duties as assigned by the administrator.
1. Attend all faculty, in-service, home-school and parish meetings according to the areas of responsibility.
2. Actively participate in school committee assignments.
3. Earn and maintain Religious Certification.
B. Responsible for continued personal and professional growth.
1. Complete necessary credits to keep teaching license updated.
2. Read professional magazines to stay updated in the field of education.
3. Attend workshops and seminars in related fields for personal and professional development.
V. Grade Level Responsibilities:
VI. Responsible to comply with all areas addressed in the contract and policies of the Diocese of La Crosse.
VII. Performs all other duties as assigned.