As our internal auditor, you will be assisting the financial operations of the parishes within the Diocese of La Crosse. Using agreed upon procedures, you will review operations, ensure the guidelines and procedures of the Diocese are being followed within each parish, develop and recommend changes to standardized guidelines/procedures for parishes. In addition, you will assist the Diocesan Finance Officer with monthly and annual reporting, year-end audit, and cash receipts processing.
Perform parish reviews to ensure compliance, and recommend modifications to improve efficiencies and ensure compliance with Diocesan guidelines and procedures. Support parishes by answering questions and providing assistance to parishes as needed. Assist in completing month and year-end reporting, year-end audit, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
- Reviews various accounting operations utilized by parishes
- Identify accounting and financial issues and suggest timely solutions
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide unified quality control procedures for Parish financial transactions and reporting
- Produce Parish Reports / Findings based upon Agreed Upon Procedures, as requested
- Assist Parishes in the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Develop Unified Policies and Procedures and ensure proper adherence by parishes to same
- Report to Diocese regarding Parish issues, Advise and Train Parish staff to improve compliance
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred but not required
- Five years of combined experience in accounting and finance
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating/reviewing financial statements and general ledgers
- Good understanding of accounting software
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and responsibilities
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Legal Compliance,
- Attention to Detail,
- Experience Reporting Research Results,
- Presentation Skills,
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Job Is:
A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
The Diocese of La Crosse is an Equal Opportunity Employer