We are seeking to fill the position immediately so the current employee will be able to assist in the transition before June 3rd.
The work will involve 10-20 hours per week based on need to complete tasks. The overall function is to assist the pastor in his administration of the Parish. This includes, but not limited to secretarial and bookkeeping duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability needed.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Able to organize, prioritize, multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional confidentiality and discretion regarding financial and personal information
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Competent computer skills strongly desired along with knowledge of systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks desktop and online
- Able to design forms and perform other office procedures and use appropriate professional terminology.
- Proficient with Publisher to create the weekly bulletin, then print, mail, and/or email to parishioners
- Possess the capacity to learn software systems followed by the Diocese such as ParishSoft
- Intake, schedule, and manage Mass Stipends
- Able to process and maintain all financial and accounting records, including payroll.
- Willing to assist the pastor in preparing a budget and accounting reports for the Finance Council.
- Able to pass a background check and be willing to be fingerprinted
Send a letter of interest with a short resume to: Fr. Biju, W2601 State Road 33, La Crosse, WI 54601 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions you may call the parish office at 608-788-1646