Mental Health in School is not Just for Students:
Why Teacher and Staff Wellness Matters
- September 25, 2020 – Virtual
Deadline Registration is Friday, September 18, 2020
Carrie King, Ph.D., LPC, NCC
Counseling Department Chair
Director of School & Clinical Mental Health Counseling Programs
Mount Mary University
Self-care is the active participation of enhancing your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness, as well as quality of life. Monitoring personal behaviors and recognizing the high standard of care an educator must maintain on and off the job is a component of sustaining wellness. There are behavioral, relational, and internal self-care strategies that contribute to wellness.
- Learn about the connection between wellness and secondary trauma and compassion fatigue
- Learn how to assess and monitor your wellness with the Professional Quality of Life Measure
- Learn to improve your self-care through nutrition, sleep, movement, self-compassion, relaxation, and mindfulness.
- Learn about the Core Components of Wellness Programs for School Employees
Virtual (ZOOM) – September 25
8:30 to 12:00 Presentation
- Teachers and Administrators are asked to log into the webinar individually to participate in the in-service.