St. Joseph Parish & School Business Manager
910 Wilson Ave., Menomonie, WI | www.menomoniecatholic.org
Classification: Hourly (health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan)
Supervises: Volunteer office aids, SCRIP volunteers
Probationary Period: At 3 and 6 Months, performance evaluated regularly by Pastor
Reports to: Pastor
SCOPE OF DUTIES
General Statement of Duties: The Parish & School Business Manager is responsible and accountable to carry out the financial and administrative duties associated with the efficient operation of the Parish and School environment; and, to liaise with the Diocesan Office and other governmental agencies to ensure compliance with established procedures, rules, and regulations. Acts as Parish/School secretary, as needed.
• Prepare/Issue/File: bank deposits for all parish accounts and make deposits; annual statements to donors; W-2’s, 1099 & W2-G statements; cash boxes, as needed; contracts with vendors for contracted work including major projects; annual Parish & School budget; Annual Report to the Bishop, coordinate Diocesan Annual Appeal; Contracts/Letters of Employment for all Parish & School employees; financial statements for Finance Council; School Administrator financial reports; collaborate with School Choice Administrator on payment entry and audits.
• Manage/Coordinate/Reconcile: Parish & School donations and acknowledgements; payroll for Parish & School; employee tax withholding, retirement, annuity, cafeteria plan and insurance payments; billings, deposits & records for School payments for tuition, childcare, and lunch program; accounts payable and receivable; annual Stewardship Drive; St. Joseph Cemetery financial matters (No Sales); all licenses held by Parish; technology server issues with IT provider; keyless entry & key inventory; apartment rental; KC and BEET grants; vendor contracts; Parish and School budget; checking accounts; SCRIP program.
• Compliance/Oversight/Documentation: all Diocesan financial directives; SCRIP program; Parish employee attendance; School IT support; critical aspects of operation for St. Joseph Parish & School; provide Human Resource support to Pastor and School Administrator.
• Meeting Attendance: weekly Parish Office staff; monthly Finance Council; Pastoral Council, upon request; quarterly Parish and School budget updates.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience, understanding and working knowledge of bookkeeping and banking practices including current Finance Office Timelines.
• Knowledge and understanding of computer accounting and management applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of office equipment and tools.
• Strong human relations skills, attention to details and accuracy, self-motivated, flexible, demonstrates initiative, and works with minimal supervision.
TO APPLY, send a letter of application and resume to Fr. Mano at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop at the Parish Center 910 Wilson Avenue, Menomonie.