2022 Parish Spring Finance Seminar April 7,2022 YouTube video, 2.5 hours
2022 Employee Retention Credit June 14 webinar. Dan Bergs CPA discusses how parishes can apply for money for having retained staff during the Covid period. YouTube video, approximately 1 hour.
2022 Parish Summer Finance Seminar July 21,2022 YouTube video, 2.5 hours
2022 Parish Fall Finance Seminar October 12, 2022 YouTube video, 2 hours. Focus on the parish financial Annual Report.
2023 Mutual of America Webinar January 4 YouTube video, 1.25 hour. Instructions for using Mutual of America new webtool for employee 403(b) plan
- Diocese of La Crosse 403(b) upload template
- Data Validation Web Upload File Process
- Data Validation Web Feedback Files
- Data Validation Web Copying a Workorder
- Indicative Data Workorder Process Manual Entry
2023 Parish Winter Finance Webinar February 15, 2023 YouTube video, 2.33 hours. Updates on various parish financial topics.
- Promulgating Norms for the Compensation of the Clergy – PDF
- Mileage Log – Excel
- Works of Charity -Disbursement Log – Excel
Jessica Kirchner, Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd.
- Safe Environment Contract Rider for Third-Party Vendors – PDF
- Wage-Hour Issues, Leases, Safe Environment – PDF
Ben Burrow – Catholic Mutual
James Reider – Temporalities
- Norms and Policies for Parishes – PDF
- Posting Contributions Offering Funds, Pledges, Contributions and Batches – PDF. Open the linked document and navigate to the section titled Offering Funds, Pledges, Contributions and Batches for instructions on posting contributions.
- Amazon Business Prime Administrator Training – May 26,2021 YouTube video
Audited Diocesan Financial Statements
PNQ Accounting Project
- PNQ Project Feedback Survey
- Parish Chart of Accounts
- Transition Guide, revision 7-28-2021– Word
- Parish Investment Reconciliations Worksheet 8-16-2022 – Google Sheet
- Schedule a PNQ mentor session with Claudia Weinberger. Click here to schedule.
- Review the Parish Finance Contacts Discussion Group conversations. Google Groups
- QuickBooks Online 12/17/2020 Presentation – PowerPoint
- ParishSOFT Accounting 12/17/2020 Presentation – PowerPoint
- ParishSOFT Accounting Webinar 12/17/2020 – Vimeo video
- QuickBooks Online Webinar 12/17/2020
- ParishSOFT Accounting Transition Guide Review 1/13/2021 – Passcode: $$Qwzg0W
- Pastors and PNQ, the accounting project Webinar 2/4/2021
- QuickBooks Online, QBO account usage YouTube video. Don’t import data! Find available accounts, account mapping, add unlisted accounts using Copy&Paste, using QBO Classes, no transactions in Header accounts.
- PNQ Accounting project update, 2-25-2021 Bishop William Patrick Callahan introduces a 15 minute YouTube video charting progress at 20 parishes successfully transitioned since January 1, 2021. Learn the biggest challenges your parish will face during transition, and why.
- QBO Accounts and Classes, March 19, 2021 – PowerPoint presentation
- QBO Accounts and Classes, March 19,2021 – YouTube video. Parishes using QuickBooks Online can learn how to setup and use the pre-loaded chart of accounts and classes. See how classes record transactions to properly report allocations needed for the Annual Report.
- Account Mapping YouTube video. Learn how to download a Trial Balance listing of accounts from your old accounting system, how to cross-reference the old account to the new accounts for use in budgeting and to setup your transition account balance transfer.
- Payroll Setup for ParishSOFT Accounting, May 7,2021 – YouTube video. Use this video to setup your Pay Groups, Pay Items, to customize your parish Deductions/Benefits and to find Account Distribution examples for each of your parish Salary and Wage accounts.
- Payroll Setup for QuickBooks Online, May 17,2021 – YouTube video. Use this video to setup your Employees, Compensation & Benefits, Pay periods, Taxes and Accounting preferences. Includes demonstrations and examples for setting up QBO payroll.
- QBO Transition Training, June 2021 – YouTube video. 3.5 hours. This is a step by step walkthru of the Transition Guide including Parish setup, how and which archival reports to run, tips on account mapping, 2021-2022 budgeting, 1099 vendor setup, psuedo checks, how to record opening balances, how to use projects to report income and expense detail and how to setup payroll.
- ParishSOFT Accounting Transition Training, June 2021 – YouTube video. 3.2 hours. This is a step by step walkthru of the Transition Guide including Parish setup, how and which archival reports to run, tips on account mapping, 2021-2022 budgeting, 1099 vendor setup, psuedo checks, how to record opening balances, how to use projects to report income and expense detail and how to setup payroll.
- November 4, 2021 Finance Meeting, QBO version – YouTube video. 1.75 hours. This training video reviews Norms and Policies for Parishes with particular emphasis on Paid Leave Time, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty and Funeral Leave. It shows how to setup these personal time in QuickBooks Online software. At 1:09 the video covers compensation for 403(b) retirement to enable accurate filings for Mutual of America.
- November 4, 2021 Finance Meeting, PSA version – YouTube video. 1.75 hours. This training video reviews Norms and Policies for Parishes with particular emphasis on Paid Leave Time, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty and Funeral Leave. It shows how to setup these personal time in QuickBooks Online software. At 1:19 the video covers compensation for 403(b) retirement to enable accurate filings for Mutual of America.
Office of Temporalities
James Reider, Finance Officer
Kurt Jereczek, Staff Accountant
Claudia Weinberger, Auditor/Staff Accountant/Parish Accounting Support
Kathy Haverland, Administrative Assistant