To Report an Incident

To Report to Civil Authorities

To report to civil authorities, contact your local city police department or county sheriff's department.  A directory of Wisconsin's county sheriff's departments can be found here.  You may contact Deacon David Allen, Victim Assistance Coordinator, at 608-792-9684, if you want the Diocese's assistance in making a report to the civil authorities.

Policies and Procedures

The Diocese of La Crosse through its policies and procedures seeks to provide a prompt, appropriate and compassionate response to reporters of sexual abuse of a child by any diocesan agent (clergy, employees, religious, vendors, or volunteers).

To Report to the Diocese of La Crosse

To report allegations of sexual abuse by a member of the clergy, lay employees or volunteers of the Diocese of La Crosse, please fill out the report form and mail to:

The Diocese of La Crosse
Attn: Bishop Callahan
3710 East Ave South
P.O. Box 4004
La Crosse, WI 54602-4004

Alternatively, you can contact
Mrs. Karen Becker
Victim Assistance Ministry

Victims Assistance Coordinator

Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Such assistance can be received from several agencies including the Center for Human Development to:

Deacon Thomas Skemp
Victim Assistance Coordinator