Challenging Today’s Young Disciples for Tomorrow!
Every other year, Catholic young people and their adult leaders come together to pray, learn, and grow in their faith for the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC). In addition to opportunities to receive the sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation, NCYC participants attend general and breakout sessions on topics relevant to living as a disciple of Christ in today’s world, learn from organizations that provide resources and other support to youth and youth ministry, spend time in personal and communal prayer, and engage in service to others.
The Diocese of La Crosse will be organizing an in-person gathering at Pacelli HIgh School, Stevens Point in order to participate in the simulcast stream of the main event in Indianapolis, IN. This gathering will be more than just watching a screen, we will pray together, learn together and most importantly grow together as Disciples!
Be Changed Forever
The National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC for short) is a biennial gathering of high school youth from around the United States. It is an opportunity for you to experience the true universality of the Catholic Church by praying, going to Mass, and experiencing Christ in Reconciliation and Adoration with other Catholics from around the country.
2021 Theme: Ablaze • Enciende el Fuego
The second chapter of the book of Acts tells about the coming of the Holy Spirit. At NCYC 2021, we will call upon the Holy Spirit to descend upon our young Church and set them Ablaze for the Lord!
El segundo capítulo del libro de los Hechos de los Apóstoles nos habla de la venida del Espíritu Santo. En NCYC 2021 pediremos que el Espíritu Santo descienda sobre nuestra Iglesia joven y ¡encienda en ella el fuego del Señor!
Plan Your Group
Welcome to group leader central! This is where all of the details you need to know will be for planning out your parish/school group. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back often for all of the needed information and details!!
“Praising the Lord through song and with 20,000+ young people was incredibly powerful! I had so much fun, I can’t wait to go again.”
“NCYC opened doors to me about my faith. Encountering Christ through a whole new level that I didn’t even know was possible.”
Naturally, the sooner you register, the better, however, we can take registrations for our gathering in Stevens Point until Monday, November 15!
How much does this experience of NCYC cost? What does this include?
- $25.00 per youth and adult participant per parish
- Contact your parish leader to learn how your parish plans to handle each individual participant fee (fundraising, individual payment, etc.)
- Each parish will be sent an invoice reflecting their final total balance based on your final number of participants.
- Registration to attend the ENTIRE virtual experience of NCYC November 18-20
- Registration to attend the IN PERSON Diocesan NCYC celebration Saturday, November 20 including local speakers/band/musicians and lunch
- Your registration also includes various NCYC swag items and mementos
- The actual cost per person to attend NCYC virtually starts at $75 per person, due to the generous support of a Diocesan grant we are able to offer this event at over $50 less than the “sticker price”
Parish & IndividualParticipant Registration
- Click below to register for a Diocesan Event Portal account. Once you complete that, you will receive a confirmation email with your unique ID. You can then login and select NCYC as the event you would like to register for.
- PLEASE NOTE: EACH participant for NCYC needs to create a participant portal PER person in the attendee’s name (not a parent or the like).
- Need some help? Check out this HOW-TO Video explaining the process.
Parish Leader Portal
- All designated parish leaders will be granted access to a unique parish portal in order to access and manage all individual participants from your parish.
Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
Chris Rogers, Director
Beth Johnson, Administrative Assistant
3710 East Ave S
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54602