Diocese of La Crosse Catholic Committee on Scouting
Catholic Religious Emblem Sessions
Ad Altare Dei & Pope Pius XII to start at Viterbo University
Presenters: Emilio Alvarez, Director of Campus Ministry and Dr. Emily Dykman, Chair and Associate Professor of Religious Studies and Theology
All Catholic BSA Troop and Crew members between the ages of 13 and 21 may attend
Two Dates: November 17th, 2019 and January 12th, 2020 1 to 4 pm meeting to start in San Domiano Chapel, Viterbo Campus, corner of 10 th St. & Franciscan Way, La Crosse, WI. The Scouts must attend both sessions.
There is no fee for the sessions but each Scout must have a workbook, these will be available at the 1st session for $6.00. The new Pope Pius XII workbook is only available online, not in the BSA stores, I will have copies available.
Both sessions will run stimulatingly but separately for each Religious Emblem.
Ad Altare Dei Eligibility
- Any youth of the Roman Catholic Faith who is registered in a BSA Troop or Crew.
- Designed for youth 13-14 years old, older youth may use this program.
- An active member of a unit for 6 months.
- Completed 6th grade before starting the program.
Pope Pius XII Eligibility
- Registered Venturers, Sea Scouts, and Scouts of Catholic Faith, regardless of gender.
- Designed for ages 15-16 year old, but all registered Venturers and Sea Scouts before their 21st birthday and all registered Boy Scouts (in high school) before their 18th birthday.
To register or to ask any questions please call or email the La Crosse DCCS Chair:
For more information contact:
La Crosse DCCS Chairman Cindy Sjolander 608-783-4911 or email email@example.com
A Scout is reverent. A Scout is reverent toward God. A Scout is faithful in fulfilling religious duties. A Scout respects the beliefs of others.
Click here for information on the FALL CAMPOREE 2020
Below you will find links to information regarding Scouting in the Diocese of La Crosse.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.