Roe v. Wade legalized abortion in 1973. Watch this excellent video of Ben Nguyen to learn the untold "back story" of how this horrific Supreme Court decision came to be, as well as the grounds for overturning it.
Ben's presentation was given on Oct. 23, 2018 at Blessed Sacrament Parish Hall in La Crosse. Ben is both a civil and canon lawyer and serves as Chancellor, Canonical Counsel and Theological Advisor to the Bishop for the Diocese of Corpus Christi. He is a former Chancellor for the Diocese of La Crosse.
Let's end taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood!
Let's work to finally end taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, which has been receiving half a billion dollars of our money each year. This was a central campaign promise of Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress, but so far it has not advanced.
Congress needs to feel the urgency of this step. It would have not only a practical, financial effect, but arguably an even greater symbolic one. We would be saying to Planned Parenthood and to each other that we are not willing to see another dime of our money going to an organization whose main business is the killing of unborn children. Please use the contact information below to make your voice heard. To assist you, here are key points from pro-life organization Susan B. Anthony List (www.sba-list.org):
Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses do not deserve taxpayer funding. They should divest themselves of abortion or self-fund.
Undercover videos show that Planned Parenthood has been engaged in unethical and possibly illegal medical and financial practices connected to the trafficking of unborn children's organs.
Planned Parenthood affiliates have been referred to the FBI and the Attorney General for criminal investigation by the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Select Panel on Infant Lives; Planned Parenthood is unworthy of receiving taxpayer money.
Planned Parenthood affiliates have been identified by auditors and investigators as the source of at least $12.8 million in waste, abuse, and potentially fraudulent Medicaid overbilling and penalties.
Taxpayer funding accounts for 43% of Planned Parenthood's overall revenue.
Planned Parenthood performs over 300,000 abortions annually.
There are approximately 20 times more community health centers (13,540) nationwide than there are Planned Parenthood centers (about 700).
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) alone served 24.3 million individuals last year, nearly 10 times more individuals than were served by Planned Parenthood centers (2.5 million).
Contact your Senators and Representative about Defunding Planned Parenthood
Here is a sample message for a letter (most effective), phone call (second most effective) or email.
"I, the undersigned, call on you to advance legislation ending taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. Taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize America's largest abortion business with their tax dollars. Abortion is not healthcare. I call for these funds to instead be directed to life-affirming community health centers."
Writing your U.S. Senators:
- Senator Tammy Baldwin: The Honorable Tammy Baldwin, 717 Hart Building, Washington, DC 20510:
- Dear Senator Baldwin:
- Senator Ron Johnson: The Honorable Ron Johnson, 328 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
- Dear Senator Johnson:
Writing your U.S. Representative:
- (To find contact information for House members, visit http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/)
- Address format:
The Honorable (full name) __
(Rm.#)__(name of)House Office Building
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Dear Representative LAST NAME:
Calling on the Phone:
- Senator Tammy Baldwin: Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-5653 Madison Office: (608) 264-5338
- Senator Ron Johnson: Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-5323 Milwaukee Office: (414) 276-7282
- Your U.S. Representative: Call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask for your Representative's office.
Most likely your phone call will not be passed along to the Senator or Representative. In that case:
- Ask to speak to the aide who handles the issue about which you are calling.
- Identify yourself, and leave a brief message clearly stating what you would like the legislator to do. Be brief, but give basic reasons to back up your position on the issue.
Sending an email:
- Senator Tammy Baldwin: https://www.baldwin.senate.gov/feedback
- Senator Ron Johnson: https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-the-senator
- Representative: For name and email, visit http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/