Roe v. Wade on the Brink?
Gospel of Life Presentation by Ben Nguyen
On Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m., Ben Nguyen will keynote the annual Gospel of Life Celebration at Blessed Sacrament Parish Hall in La Crosse. Ben, formerly the Chancellor for the Diocese of La Crosse, will explain what we should know about the 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling so much in the news with the Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court nomination battle. Ben will answer questions like: How was Roe v. Wade decided? How does it square with the Constitution? Is it likely to be overturned? Ben is both a civil and canon lawyer and serves as Chancellor and Canonical Counsel for the Diocese of Corpus Christi. Bishop William Patrick Callahan will celebrate Mass at 6 p.m. at Blessed Sacrament Church preceding the talk.
Click here for the Gospel of Life flyer
Watch Terry Beatley’s dynamic talk
At the Gospel of Life Celebration on Oct. 12, 2017
At Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish in Marathon
Visit the Hosea Initiative website
for Terry’s book and much information
Wisconsin Catholic Conference
HEAL WITHOUT HARM COALITION URGES SUPPORT FOR UNBORN CHILDREN AND ETHICAL RESEARCH
If the Heal Without Harm Legislative Initiative doesn't get out of committee as soon as possible, it won't become law this session. Because time is running out, we need you to act NOW.
Please call your Senator and Representative ASAP and ask them to:
- Co-sponsor Senate Bill 423/Assembly Bill 549 and Senate Bill 424/Assembly Bill 550, which promote ethical, innovative, and effective research.
- Hold public hearings and pass the bills out of their respective committees as soon as possible.
Don't know who your legislators are? Go to legis.wisconsin.gov and type in your home address under "Find My Legislators" or call the Legislative Hotline: 1-800-362-9472.
Questions? Take some time to visit our Q&A to learn more about this critical issue.
After you call your Senator and Representative, please email Barbara Sella at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback you received or call her at 608-257-0004.
Thank you for respecting every unborn child!
Let's end taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood!
Let's work to finally end taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood, which has been receiving half a billion dollars of our money each year. This was a central campaign promise of Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress, but so far it has not advanced.
Congress needs to feel the urgency of this step. It would have not only a practical, financial effect, but arguably an even greater symbolic one. We would be saying to Planned Parenthood and to each other that we are not willing to see another dime of our money going to an organization whose main business is the killing of unborn children. Please use the contact information below to make your voice heard. To assist you, here are key points from pro-life organization Susan B. Anthony List (www.sba-list.org):
Planned Parenthood and other abortion businesses do not deserve taxpayer funding. They should divest themselves of abortion or self-fund.
Undercover videos show that Planned Parenthood has been engaged in unethical and possibly illegal medical and financial practices connected to the trafficking of unborn children's organs.
Planned Parenthood affiliates have been referred to the FBI and the Attorney General for criminal investigation by the Senate Judiciary Committee and the House Select Panel on Infant Lives; Planned Parenthood is unworthy of receiving taxpayer money.
Planned Parenthood affiliates have been identified by auditors and investigators as the source of at least $12.8 million in waste, abuse, and potentially fraudulent Medicaid overbilling and penalties.
Taxpayer funding accounts for 43% of Planned Parenthood's overall revenue.
Planned Parenthood performs over 300,000 abortions annually.
There are approximately 20 times more community health centers (13,540) nationwide than there are Planned Parenthood centers (about 700).
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) alone served 24.3 million individuals last year, nearly 10 times more individuals than were served by Planned Parenthood centers (2.5 million).
Contact your Senators and Representative about Defunding Planned Parenthood
Here is a sample message for a letter (most effective), phone call (second most effective) or email.
"I, the undersigned, call on you to advance legislation ending taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. Taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize America's largest abortion business with their tax dollars. Abortion is not healthcare. I call for these funds to instead be directed to life-affirming community health centers."
Writing your U.S. Senators:
- Senator Tammy Baldwin: The Honorable Tammy Baldwin, 717 Hart Building, Washington, DC 20510:
- Dear Senator Baldwin:
- Senator Ron Johnson: The Honorable Ron Johnson, 328 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
- Dear Senator Johnson:
Writing your U.S. Representative:
- (To find contact information for House members, visit http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/)
- Address format:
The Honorable (full name) __
(Rm.#)__(name of)House Office Building
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Dear Representative LAST NAME:
Calling on the Phone:
- Senator Tammy Baldwin: Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-5653 Madison Office: (608) 264-5338
- Senator Ron Johnson: Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-5323 Milwaukee Office: (414) 276-7282
- Your U.S. Representative: Call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask for your Representative's office.
Most likely your phone call will not be passed along to the Senator or Representative. In that case:
- Ask to speak to the aide who handles the issue about which you are calling.
- Identify yourself, and leave a brief message clearly stating what you would like the legislator to do. Be brief, but give basic reasons to back up your position on the issue.
Sending an email:
- Senator Tammy Baldwin: https://www.baldwin.senate.gov/feedback
- Senator Ron Johnson: https://www.ronjohnson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-the-senator
- Representative: For name and email, visit http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/