Contacting Your Elected Representatives in Congress

Writing your U.S. Senators:

  • Senator Tammy Baldwin: The Honorable Tammy Baldwin, 717 Hart Building, Washington, DC 20510:
  • Dear Senator Baldwin:
  • Senator Ron Johnson:The Honorable Ron Johnson, 328 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
  • Dear Senator Johnson:

Writing your U.S. Representative:

The Honorable (full name) __
(Rm.#)__(name of)House Office Building
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Dear Representative LAST NAME:

Calling on the Phone:

  • Senator Tammy Baldwin:Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-5653 Madison Office: (608) 264-5338
  • Senator Ron Johnson:Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-5323 Milwaukee Office: (414) 276-7282
  • Your U.S. Representative:Call the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and ask for your Representative’s office.

Most likely your phone call will not be passed along to the Senator or Representative.  In that case:

  • Ask to speak to the aide who handles the issue about which you are calling.
  • Identify yourself, and leave a brief message clearly stating what you would like the legislator to do.  Be brief, but give basic reasons to back up your position on the issue.

Sending an email: