Marriage Love Retreat Schedule
Our warmest congratulations on your engagement!
The love that you share with one another has brought you to this time of discernment a time of prayer, a time of discovery, and a time to determine whether God is calling you to the lifelong vocation of Marriage. These programs fulfill part of the requirements for Marriage preparation that each engaged couple is required to complete before their wedding.
Attending a diocesan-approved sacramental marriage preparation retreat is a very important and enjoyable step in your full preparation. It will help you grow as a couple, especially in your understanding of the promises you will make to each on the day that you are wed.
Here are a few important points about your retreat.
- It is your responsibility to schedule your attendance for a retreat a minimum of 4 weeks before the program begins.
- Each retreat limits the number of couples that can attend in order to ensure a personal and meaningful retreat. This means you should register as soon as you can.
- Be aware that couples from the parish and deanery where the program is located have first rights to the available slots. If you are not from the parish or the deanery, you may be put on a waiting list. Please expect that.
- Site coordinators do have the right to deny your request for attendance if their roster is full or if you request attendance within 4 weeks of the retreat date.
A list of the retreats offered in our diocese is found below. You need to call or email the on-site contact for the program that you would like to attend. We recommend that you call or email as soon as possible to ensure that the location has a place for you.
Holy Family Catholic Church, Arcadia
Deacon Mike and Erin Kamrowski – email@example.com
- March 2, 2024 from 8:30-4:15 – Held at Holy Family Parish with the 4:30 evening Mass to follow.
Chippewa Falls Area
GREC Center at Notre Dame Parish
Contact Bryan and Lily Kirchner – 608-514-2833
La Crosse Area
Mari Erickson – 608-518-7655
All retreats will take place at Blessed Sacrament Parish in La Crosse.
Feb. 3, 2024
April 13, 2024
July 13, 2024
Marshfield Area Parishes (Specific Locations TBD)
Alanna Hart – 715-650-7310
October 14, 2023, at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Marshfield
February 10, 2024, at Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church, Marshfield
April 20, 2024, at Christ the King Catholic Church, Spencer
Each retreat will go from 8:00am-7:00pm.
Prairie Du Chien Area
St. Wenceslaus Parish, Eastman
Jane Achenbach – 608-874-4420
Richland Center Area
St. Mary’s Church, Richland Center
Cheryl Blankenship – 608-647-2621
Stevens Point Area
Jim & Deb Sniadajewski & Kristi Vuorinen – 715-303-7780
Download the brochure or access our online registration at www.pointdeanery.org/marriage
Upcoming Marriage Retreats for the Stevens Point Deanery. Retreats will be held at the Holy Spirit Hall:
- January 20, 2024
- March 9, 2024
- April 27, 2024
St. Mary Help of Christians, Colby
Deacon Mike Schaefer – 715-223-3048 extension 9
- Location – St. Mary School 209 S. Second Street, Colby, WI 54421 For more information, please contact Deacon Mike Schaefer at Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-223-3048 Extension 9
Queen of the Apostles Parish, Tomah
Contact Katie in the parish office: 608-372-5765
- When Sat Nov 11, 2023 8am – 5pm Central Time
Where Queen of the Apostles Parish 303 W Monroe Street Tomah, WI 54660
Cost: $100 per couple
Mass will follow the retreat at 4pm with a special blessing for the engaged couples. Couples will be given certificates of completion of the Married Love: Two Becoming One Program.
St. Paul Parish
603 4 th St. Mosinee, WI 54455
Fr. Al Slowiak – 715-842-4283
- Sat, October 21, 2023 8am – 6pm at St. Paul Church, 603 4th St., Mosinee, WI Contact: Father Al Slowiak Email: email@example.com Phone: 715-842-4283 Cost: $100 per couple
Married Love: Two Becoming One Retreat – Wausau
When : October 21, 2023, 8am – 6pm
February 24, 2024
October 19, 2024
Where: St. Paul Church, 603 4th St., Mosinee, WI (map)
DescriptionContact: Father Al Slowiak Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 715-842-4283 Cost: $100 per couple
Wisconsin Rapids Area
St Vincent de Paul, Wisconsin Rapids
Mary Jo Sigourney – 715-572-9748