Our warmest congratulations on your engagement!
The love that you share with one another has brought you to this time of discernment a time of prayer, a time of discovery, and a time to determine whether God is calling you to the lifelong vocation of Marriage.
These programs fulfill part of the requirements for Marriage preparation that each engaged couple is required to complete before their wedding. Your pastor, pastoral associate, or deacon can best direct you in your planning.
Attending a diocesan approved sacramental marriage preparation retreat is a very important and enjoyable step in your full preparation. It will help you grow as a couple, especially in your understanding of the promises you will make to each on the day that you are wed.
Here are a few important points about your retreat.
- It is your responsibility to schedule your attendance for a retreat a minimum of 4 weeks before the program begins.
- Each retreat limits the number of couples that can attend in order to ensure a personal and meaningful retreat. This means you should register as soon as you can.
- Be aware that couples from the parish and deanery where the program is located have first rights to the available slots. If you are not from the parish or the deanery, you may be put on a waiting list. Please expect that.
- Site coordinators do have the right to deny your request for attendance if their roster is full or if you request attendance within 4 weeks of the retreat date.
A list of the retreats offered in our diocese is found below. You need to call or email the on-site contact for the program that you would like to attend. We recommend that you call or email as soon as possible to ensure that the location has a place for you.
There is also a listing of retreats in a chronological format with more details located on the tab Marriage and Family Life Events Calendar
Holy Family Catholic Church, Arcadia
Deacon Mike and Erin Kamrowski
- May 6, 2021
- May 5, 2022
Chippewa Falls Deanery
Notre Dame Parish
Contact Bryan and Lily Kirchner
St. Joseph Church, Menomonie
Pam Sirinek – 715-232-4920
- May 15, 2021 (RETREAT FULL)
La Crosse Deanery
Mary Mother of the Church
Mari Erickson – 608-518-7655
- April 24, 2021
- July 10, 2021
Alanna Hart – 715-650-7310
Marshfield Medical Center
- April 10, 2021
Prairie Du Chien Deanery
St. Wenceslaus Parish, Eastman
St. Mary Help of Christians, Colby
Deacon Mike Schaefer
St. Paul Parish
603 4th St. Mosinee, WI 54455
Contact: Fr. Al Slowiak
- Sat., April 17, 2021 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat. October 16, 2021 8:00 am – 6:00 pm