This questionnaire will help identify the method of NFP that may work best for you. The questionnaire is immediately followed by a Pre-registration form. Please choose your preferred method at the bottom of the pre-registration form. Once you submit, you still will need to register for the actual course. Please follow the steps given on the next screen to complete the registration. Payment will be requested to complete the course registration process.
Which Method is right for you?
- SymptoPro (online): This method tracks 3 signs of fertility: Temperature, cervical mucus, and sensation. You will be assigned an instructor that will work with you through the course in an online format. This method works well for couples choosing to use NFP and is the preferred course for couples taking an NFP class as a requirement for marriage. Charting is encouraged.
- Creighton Model FertilityCare (possible face-to-face and virtual): This method tracks two signs of fertility: cervical mucus and sensation. You will be working with one instructor in person or virtually. This method is a medical model and is appropriate for all couples choosing to use NFP. It is especially helpful for those couples that have fertility/gynecological issues. Charting is required.
- Marquette Method This method adds a hormone tracker and requires the purchase of a ClearBlue Monitor. The instructors for the Marquette Method are registered, nurses. You will be working with your instructor in person or virtually. This model is appropriate for all couples choosing to use NFP. It is especially helpful for those couples that have a hard-to-read mucus pattern or that are postpartum. Charting is required.
- Billings Ovulation Method (BOMA-USA): This method tracks two signs of fertility: cervical mucus and sensation. Your instructor will work with you in person or virtually. Regardless of the particular situation, the four simple rules of the method are the same for everyone. Charting is required.
- Out of Diocese Whole Mission Marquette provider (virtual only)
- Couple-to-Couple League (is offered face-to-face in the Richland Center area. It can also be taken en Espanol): This method tracks 3 signs of fertility: Temperature, cervical mucus, and sensation.
HOW INTERESTED ARE YOU IN NFP?
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR MORNINGS?
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR MONTHLY CYCLE?
WHICH STATEMENT BEST DESCRIBES YOUR CURRENT STATUS?
WHAT DO YOU FEEL MOST COMFORTABLE WITH AS FAR AS CHARTING?
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE MOST COMFORTABLE WITH?
HAVE YOU BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH A REPRODUCTIVE DISORDER?
We recommend SymptoPro
The Sympto-Pro method instructs couples how to observe and interpret cervical fluid, basal body temperature, cervical changes and various other secondary signs. Once a couple has learned to observe these indicators, they are given rules to apply that frame the boundaries between the three phases of the cycle. Rules are recommended based on the signs that the couple observes and charts, the reproductive category that the couple is in and the couple’s intention (achieve or avoid). Both methods provide a system of feedback to the couple that helps them refine their understanding of the method.
We recommend Marquette Model
The Marquette Method of Natural Family Planning teaches couples how to track cervical fluid, temperature and cervix as well as how to monitor the underlying hormones that drive the menstrual cycle. Using the Clearblue Easy fertility monitor, the woman can determine the levels of two female hormones that are produced during the fertile window.
We recommend Creighton Model
The FertilityCareTM method teaches clients to observe and interpret the cervical fluid indicator only (ovulation model). Our diocese offers the Creighton method both in and out of a medical setting. It provides couples with a defined grading system for cervical fluids. Because of its standardization, charts tracked in this method can be used to detect underlying menstrual cycle irregularities. (often face to face classes)