Congratulations on your engagement!
We wish you all God’s best as you build your new life together.
It is our privilege to assist you as you prepare together for a lifelong marriage.
Catholic Marriage Preparation Guidelines
1. The Catholic Diocese of La Crosse requires SIX MONTHS of marriage preparation, beginning with your initial contact with your parish priest.
2. Each couple marrying in the Diocese of La Crosse is required to attend a marriage preparation conference such as a retreat for the Engaged.
3. You must currently be meeting with a priest/deacon for marriage preparation in order to register for a retreat.
4. Couples will be asked to take the FOCCUS premarital inventory. It is a tool designed to help engaged couples learn more about themselves and their relationship. It will also pave the way for them to discuss many of the topics that are central to ensuring that their marriage lasts a lifetime.
5. Your priest or deacon may require you to attend Natural Family Planning (NFP) classes. We encourage you and your fiancé(e) to learn more about this organic way to plan a family.
6. The preparing priest or deacon can assist you in preparing the liturgy, readings, music, and other elements for your wedding.
Four Vital Steps to Prepare for Your Marriage
Engaged: Now What?
Planning the Liturgy
Nurture Your Marriage