Catechetical Leader Information
Directives and Guidelines to re-open Fall 2020
- Word document
- Template for Parent’s Information to Reopen Faith Formation Fall 2020 (Word doc)
- Template for Parent’s Compliance Form 2020 (Word doc)
- Helping Parents to Lead their Children to Jesus Christ (Homeschooling Word doc)
- Best Practices
- Online Resources
- Evaluating a Religion Textbook What is Essential
Parents to Teach at Home
Online Teaching tips
Catechist Certificate of Recognition
- Parish form: Catechist Certificate of Recognition
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Registration Forms for Training in 2020 – one part of the training is taken per summer
- Level 1 – Part 1 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1a Wisconsin Rapids:
July 23-25 and August 20-22, 2020
- Level 1 – Part 2 Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1b Wisconsin Rapids:
June 18-20 and August 13-15, 2020
Parent’s Session on the “Going Deeper in Prayer” Initiative
The following resources are for Parents, so that they receive the prayer card, letter and resources and engaged before this initiative is implemented in the classroom.
- Parents Introduction to Going Deeper in Prayer
- Prayer Card Our Father
- Parents Resources Our Father
- Parents Information Our Father
- Navigating the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Answers Navigating the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- CATECHETICAL LEADER TASK CALENDAR 2019-2020
- Catechist Role Description Application Form
- Suggested Questions that go with Role Description
- 2019 New DRE CRE YM Registration Form
Online Learning System: Forming Those Who Form Others –
We want to invite you to benefit from a new partnership that the Diocese of La Crosse has with the large-scale outreach ministry called the Catechetical Institute. It is focused on forming catechists, school teachers and administrators, youth and young adult ministry teams, RCIA, and catechetical leaders.
This outreach is a means to strongly form those who form others – to help grow those in ministry to a place of excellence and ability. What Franciscan University has built is exceptional in its attention to the person, spiritual focus, immense depth and breadth of professional ministry formation, and high flexibility to attune to local needs.
Every parish is to provide 6 hours of training for catechists. The Catechetical Institute has developed online workshops to assist you with this training. Each workshop provides an hour of content divided into short video clips (10 minutes) and followed by a simple skills-building task. These tasks allow learners to process the material by answering a simple question or implementing something into their teaching situation
To access this developing array of formational workshops, individual parishes, or schools that are separate from a parish, pay a $300 annual subscription. Anyone associated with a subscribing parish or school is then able to use the entire system for free. There are no other costs.
Click below for the following downloadable PDFs available to help you get a good sense of this new outreach ministry:
- Onboarding Parishes through Diocesan Landing Page is designed to explain what the workshops are and what they offer, and how to actually subscribe to a parish or school.
- Go to https://franciscanathome.com/ to view a sample workshop. Scroll down on the main page to pay $5 for one month to check out the format of various workshops.
Ongoing Formation after Confirmation
The information below is to help parishes with planning for ongoing formation for young people after Confirmation.